Solution Center Technician I
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
This hybrid remote opportunity allows you the flexibility to either work from home or onsite at our Weaverville, NC corporate office.
The Solution Center Culture:
Epsilon’s Solution Center is comprised of skilled Tier 1 – 3 service technicians who provide 24/7/365 support to various commercial businesses and government agencies. Our Service team thinks big and develops solutions to complex problems while ensuring our customers have the best possible support experience.
An average day:
As a Tier I member of the Solution Center Technician team, you will answer calls, create, and troubleshoot tickets and be the first to mitigate outages. Every day is different, but what you can expect is the opportunity to experience a diverse mixture of technical issues and customer interactions. In this position you will:
- Analyze and resolve network hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Create service desk tickets utilizing ConnectWise Manage ticketing software and ensure proper ticket escalation and resolution.
- Install and maintain networks, systems, field services, and/or telephony as directed.
- Install and maintain the following products as directed: Cisco, Security, Servers, Small Business Servers, OpenDNS, SonicWall, ESET, Desktop, TDM, Video Teleconferencing, and others.
- Provide technical support via in person, over the phone, and/or via email, where appropriate.
- Implement solutions based upon client needs by ensuring that all hardware and software work properly; assemble hardware and install or delete software.
- Troubleshoot client computer equipment, ensuring it runs correctly, and recover any lost or accidentally deleted data when possible.
- Monitor systems and network to ensure proper management of information technology.
- Meet customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Use documentation within the Epsilon knowledge base to assist customers. Also, work with team members to establish and maintain customer documentation.
- Escalate process and policy issues as needed.
- Other work duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree or Associate Degree in Information Technology or related field is desired OR High School Diploma and relevant Information Technology certification(s)/training/years of experience in place of degree
- 0-1 years’ Information Technology experience
- Must have the ability to obtain one of the following certifications within 90 days of hire: CompTIA Network+ CE, CompTIA Security+ CE, CySA+ CE, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC or SSCP
- Will be subject to a Federal Government Background Investigation in order to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Application support experience desired.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws desired.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- The ideal candidate will have flexibility with hours – Shifts vary – 1st and 2nd shift options.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, database management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate with customers over the phone in a pleasant and helpful manner in high stress situations.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- May be subject to a Federal Government Background Investigation
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under the EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone at 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org