Systems Administrator | Applications
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
This hybrid remote opportunity allows you the flexibility to work from home and onsite at WAPA's Lakewood, CO location.
Our Customer’s Mission:
The Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) is a federal agency under the United States Department of Energy (DOE) that manages and operates high-voltage electric transmission systems across 15 western states. WAPA's mission is to market and deliver reliable, cost-based, renewable power and transmission services to its customers, while also promoting energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. WAPA also manages and markets power from 56 federal hydroelectric power plants, which generate clean and renewable energy for 40 million customers.
Epsilon provides comprehensive and high-quality IT support to WAPA in the areas of; Software maintenance and development, Network, Database, and Operations Support/Management, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Cyber-Security, Solution Architecture, and Project Management.
An average day:
As the Applications Systems Administrator, you will provide application support for a wide range of critical applications. This role involves managing and maintaining various applications, including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft O365, Oracle Access Manager Suite, TIBCO, EDMS, Splunk, and more. You will be responsible for conducting testing, designing access controls, documenting procedures, maintaining system security, managing accounts, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and optimizing system performance. In this position you will:
- Provide application support for critical systems, including Oracle Access Manager Suite, TeamMate, TIBCO, and more.
- Conduct functional and connectivity testing to ensure ongoing operability.
- Design group policies and access control lists to comply with organizational standards and needs.
- Develop and document system administration standard operating procedures.
- Maintain baseline system security and manage user accounts and access rights.
- Plan and execute data redundancy and system recovery procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software interface problems.
- Install, update, and troubleshoot systems/servers.
- Monitor system/server performance, capacity, and configuration.
- Perform system maintenance activities and periodic checks.
- Implement and enforce network usage policies and procedures.
- Optimize system/server performance and provide ongoing support.
- Harden servers in accordance with established security baselines, maintain up-to-date patch levels, and support Cyber Security Specialists during responses to incident activity.
- Provide monitoring of production jobs (i.e., payroll, financial reports, DOE data)
- Provide support to developers, database administrators and end users to include after-hours support.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C) , Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- The ideal candidate should have expertise in software configuration, connectivity troubleshooting, directory services maintenance, virtual machines, and system/server administration.
- Experience in multi-platform computer center environment.
- Software configuration and optimization skills.
- Connectivity troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with directory services maintenance (e.g., Microsoft Active Directory).
- Knowledge of virtual machines (e.g., Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere).
- Familiarity with software-based computer protection tools.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to document procedures and adhere to standard operating procedures.
- System/server administration skills and Strong understanding of system/server performance optimization.
- To be successful in this role, you must have demonstrated experience with some of the below tools, technologies, hardware, and operating systems:
- Windows, Red Hat Linux, VMware, Microsoft Azure, HPE servers
- Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Ping Identity, Corestreet HID appliances and OCSP authentication support, RSA SecurID, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Microsoft SharePoint, AvePoint, Microsoft IIS, Apache, Tomcat
- Exchange, Lync, Microsoft O365, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Project Server
- DataDomain backup appliances, Veritas NetBackup
- Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft WSUS, Red Hat Satellite, Ivanti 3rd party patching support
- McAfee drive encryption, TrendMicro, Tripwire
- Microsoft Certificate Server, Microsoft Key Management Server (KMS).
- Remote user support, F5 load balancer, PACS services, network video system, Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge of LDAP, DHCP, DNS.
- Knowledge of Perl, PowerShell, Windows scripting, and/or standard shell scripts.
- Verbal, written, and communication, as well as judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- We are looking for a candidate who is eager to learn and grow in their career as an Applications Systems Administrator.
- Will be subject to a Federal Government Background Investigation
- After-hour support may be necessary for on-call, maintenance, and upgrade duties.
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.