Sr. Network Engineer
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
This hybrid remote opportunity allows you the flexibility to work from home and onsite at the State Departments’ Washington, DC location.
Our Customer’s Mission:
The Department of State’s (DOS) Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division is responsible for the design, implementation, operation and maintenance (O&M), and support of the DOS Enterprise Telecommunications networks for voice and data services nationwide. Epsilon’s team works alongside other contractors and government personnel to ensure effective operation, maintenance, and upgrade of the department’s domestic voice and data networks.
An average day:
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will provide full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment for all levels of security classification. Perform on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. Provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
In this position you will:
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN and MAN Infrastructure
- Work with team members to deploy Cisco network equipment for LAN/WAN solutions.
- Plan network layouts and configure systems to user environments.
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch.
- Create manuals and support documentation.
- Service provisioning, installation, maintenance, and management of the intra-facility LAN/VLAN wiring, equipment, and software itself within and between the facilities.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
- Conduct Site Survey and Plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Perform network administration duties.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects and O&M as required.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Must have an Active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a Top-Secret clearance.
- Must have a current and active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a Network Engineer in a large-scale Cisco Network environment, that experience should include:
- Wide Area Networks (WAN) and experience with MPLS and BGP
- Working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Building out networks, including the design and documentation utilizing the VISIO design tool
- Routing and Switching
- Deep understanding of network management and security standards and industry best practices.
- Fundamental knowledge of security protocols
- Deploying QoS in LAN/WLAN environments in support of multimedia and voice applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to remain calm and professional under stress.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Certification
- DOD Top Secret clearance
- Some after-hours On-call support and travel maybe required.
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org