Service Desk Agent (Part-Time/Hourly)
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by offering competitive pay, promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $1,500 annually in Professional Development funds.
Where you’ll work:
This hybrid remote opportunity allows you the flexibility to work from home and onsite at our Greenville, SC corporate office.
Our Customer’s Mission:
Epsilon provides professional and efficient technical support and account management activities for all US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) personnel while also providing world class customer service. The Epsilon team is comprised of Service Desk (SD), Enterprise Request Fulfillment/Account Management (ERF), Major Incident monitoring (MI), and Advanced Problem Resolution (APR) technicians. Our Service Desk Agents are the initial point of contact (phone, email or chat) to remedy technical issues, while the APR Team receives escalated tickets, executive support requests, and tier 2 requests. Our ERF team is tasked with account/access management for end users and our MI Team monitors and reports issues affecting enterprise services for USPTO.
An average day:
As a member of the Service Desk Agent team, you will answer calls, create and troubleshoot tickets, and be the first to mitigate outages for a federal customer. Every day is different, but what you can expect is the opportunity to experience a diverse mixture of technical issues and customer interactions. In this position you will:
- Analyze and resolve software and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Provide prompt, efficient, detailed remote technical service by engaging directly with end users via phone, email, and chat.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Monitor systems and network alerts to ensure they are addressed promptly per Service Level Agreements.
- Collaborate with team members to update and maintain customer knowledge base.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or have official legal status in the United States and must have continually resided in the United States for the last two years. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- High School Diploma and relevant Information Technology certification(s)/training/years of experience in place of college degree
- Minimum of Six months Information Technology experience, one or more years’ experience preferred.
- Flexibility with work hours; hours of operation will be M-F 5:30AM - 10:00PM, Weekends/Holidays from 7:30AM - 9:00 PM and every other Saturday from 7:30AM - 12:00 AM, shifts will likely be scheduled 4/hrs. per day, 5 days per week.
- The patience and empathy to troubleshoot problems with non-technical end users.
- The diligence to follow up, attend scheduled calls, and document work performed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to remain calm and professional under stress.
- Bachelor degree or associate degree in information technology or related field is desired.
- Application support experience
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices
- Will be subject to a Federal Government Background Investigation
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com