Service Desk Agent (Tier I Help Desk)
Security Clearance required: Must be able to pass a federal background investigation and obtain a Public Trust
Location: Weaverville, NC
Position Summary: The role of the Service Desk Agent is to perform Tier I and Tier II information technology related help desk duties by providing over the phone and email support.
- Analyzes and resolves network hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Create service desk tickets utilizing ticketing software and ensure proper ticket escalation and resolution
- Maintain and troubleshoot business line applications which could include remote installation or redeployment of software.
- Install and maintain the following products as directed: Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco WebEx, Microsoft including Office, Bit Locker, etc.
- Provide technical support over the phone and/or via email, where appropriate.
- Implement solutions based upon client needs by ensuring that all hardware and software work properly; install or delete software.
- Troubleshoot client computer equipment, ensuring it runs correctly, and recover any lost or accidentally deleted data when/if possible.
- Meet customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Use standard operational procedure documentation to assist customers. Also, work with team members to establish and maintain documentation.
- Escalate process and policy issues as needed.
- Other work duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- As a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C) ,all candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or have official legal status in the United States and continually resided in the United States for the last two years
- Bachelors ' Degree or Associate Degree in Information Technology or related field is desired OR High School Diploma and relevant Information Technology certification(s)/training/years of experience in place of degree
- 1-3 years' Information Technology experience
- Will be subject to a Federal Government Background Investigation in order to obtain the needed security clearance
- Will need to be flexible with shift availability; the hours of operation will be M-F 5:30AM - 10:00PM, Weekends/Holidays from 7:30AM - 9:00 PM and every other Saturday from 7:30AM - 12:00 AM, shifts will likely be scheduled 8/hrs a day 5 days a week.
- Technical experience with current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Application support experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills
- The ideal candidate will have flexibility with hours Shifts vary.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, database management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate with customers over the phone in a pleasant and helpful manor in high stress situations
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Physical and Mental Job Requirements:
Listed below are the physical or mental requirements necessary in the job's performance. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Prolonged periods of computer desk work.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, and other computer components.
- Speaking and hearing sufficient to converse and understand conversations, both in-person, telephone and virtual meetings.
- The cognitive skills needed to complete tasks, including abilities such as learning, remembering, focusing, categorizing, and integrating information for decision making, problem-solving, and comprehending.
- Ability to learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, and the ability to communicate with managers and co-workers.
- Mental aptitude to respond appropriately in high pressure situations or deadline driven environments.
- Maintain a professional emotional response when working with others.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email careers @epsilon-inc.com