Service Desk Agent
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by offering competitive pay, promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $1,500 annually in Professional Development funds.
Where you’ll work:
This is a hybrid onsite/remote opportunity where you will report to Epsilon’s corporate location in Weaverville, NC and have the flexibility to work from home based on business needs.
Our Customer’s Mission:
Epsilon provides professional and efficient technical support and account management activities for all US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) personnel while also providing world class customer service. The Epsilon team is comprised of Service Desk (SD), Enterprise Request Fulfillment/Account Management (ERF), Major Incident monitoring (MI), and Advanced Problem Resolution (APR) technicians. Our Service Desk Agents are the initial point of contact (phone, email or chat) to remedy technical issues, while the APR Team receives escalated tickets, executive support requests, and tier 2 requests. Our ERF team is tasked with account/access management for end users and our MI Team monitors and reports issues affecting enterprise services for USPTO.
An average day:
As a member of the Service Desk Agent team, you will perform Tier I and Tier II information technology related help desk duties through phone and email support. You will provide support for members of USPTO in carrying out the agency’s mission, including working on proprietary software and systems. Additionally, in this position you will:
- Analyze and resolve network hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Create service desk tickets utilizing ticketing software and ensure proper ticket escalation and resolution.
- Maintain and troubleshoot business line applications which could include remote installation or redeployment of software.
- Install and maintain the following products, as directed: Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco WebEx, Microsoft including Office, Bit Locker, etc.
- Provide technical support over the phone and/or via email.
- Implement solutions based on client needs, such as ensuring that all hardware and software works properly and is installed or deleted as needed.
- Troubleshoot client computer equipment, ensuring it runs correctly, and recover any lost or accidentally deleted data when/if possible.
- Meet customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Use standard operational procedure documentation to assist customers. Work with team members to establish and maintain documentation.
- Escalate process and policy issues as needed.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or have official legal status in the United States and must have continually resided in the United States for the last two years. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Associate degree or higher in information technology or related field; or high school diploma and relevant information technology certification(s)/training/years of experience in place of degree.
- One (1) or more years of information technology experience.
- Flexible shift availability. The hours of operation will be M-F 5:30am - 10:00pm, weekends/holidays from 7:30am - 9:00pm and every other Saturday from 7:30am - 12:00am, shifts will likely be scheduled eight (8) hours a day, five (5) days a week.
- Technical experience with current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Application support experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, database management.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with end users in a pleasant and helpful manner in high stress situations.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to effectively troubleshoot and prioritize meeting multiple deadlines/priorities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be able to pass federal background investigation and obtain a Public Trust.
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org