Senior Network Engineer
Security Clearance Required: Interim Secret or Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Quantico, VA
Position Summary: The Senior Network Engineer will provide Network Engineering expertise. The Senior Network Engineer will work with a team of Network Engineers that provide engineering and maintenance support including but not limited to: testing, installation, configuration, restoration, and troubleshooting of network systems and devices for the Marine Corps University.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering expertise for network infrastructure requirements at all MCU facilities aboard all MCU locations. This support includes: the installation, operation, testing and maintenance of physical and logical network infrastructure to ensure network availability for customers.
- Maintaining the MCU networks (includes any internal intranet/local area networks (LAN)) including the backup, restoration, configuration, and physical replacement of servers and network devices (e.g., routers, switches, and wireless Access Points) and performing routine maintenance that affects network operations during non-working hours. In the event emergency maintenance is required (i.e. system goes down), the contractor shall restore the network to full operational capability as soon as possible.
- Provide support for installing and configuring an organization's network infrastructure, including hardware components, cabling, and network software.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; assist in developing strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Evaluate the feasibility of proposed interfaces between systems. Design, test, and implement interfaces between systems, when feasible.
- Provide inspection of network traffic along with LAN and WAN installation and infrastructure problems.
- Design and install high-functioning computer network connections including cabling.
- Assist with addressing and solving system connectivity, and failures to increase network uptime
- Coordinate with the IA Task Lead to incorporate required IA controls into network and data center and provide information security for MCU networks.
- Provide assistance with the implementation of identity management, enterprise search, and improvements to customer service operations.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C) , Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- DOD 8570 compliance (IAT Level II or Higher) (CySA+, SSCP, Security+ CE, CCNA Security or GSEC) is required .
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is required.
- Experience with Cisco Routing and Switching.
- Experience with networks that utilize Windows Server 2008R2 - Server 2012/2016.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player; self-assured, confident, and goal-oriented.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and delegate effectively.
- Ability to solve problems and translate policies into daily routine operations.
Physical and Mental Job Requirements:
Listed below are the physical or mental requirements necessary in the job's performance. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Prolonged periods of computer desk work.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, and other computer components.
- Speaking and hearing sufficient to converse and understand conversations, both in-person, and during telephone and virtual meetings.
- The cognitive skills needed to complete tasks, including abilities such as learning, remembering, focusing, categorizing, and integrating information for decision making, problem-solving, and comprehending.
- Ability to learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, and the ability to communicate with managers and co-workers.
- Mental aptitude to respond appropriately in high pressure situations or deadline driven environments.
- Maintain a professional emotional response when working with others.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Voluntary Long-Term Disability
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org