Project Manager Senior
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
This is a hybrid onsite/remote opportunity where you will report to the State Department location in Washington, DC and have the flexibility to work from home based on business needs.
Our Customer’s Mission:
The Department of State’s (DOS) Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division is responsible for the design, implementation, operation and maintenance (O&M), and support of the DOS Enterprise Telecommunications networks for voice and data services nationwide. Epsilon’s team works alongside other contractors and government personnel to ensure effective operation, maintenance, and upgrade of the department’s domestic voice and data networks.
An average day:
As Project Manager Senior, you will manage the full implementation lifecycle of large voice and data service projects. You will interact directly with customers, vendors, commercial & GSA property managers, building engineers and internal peers, and will be required to concurrently manage multiple projects at multi-locations at any given time. In this role you will use technical knowledge and related experience to accomplish project objectives by planning, evaluating, and managing execution of project activities. You will also conduct regular analytical reporting of project statuses, risks, issues, cost, and schedule performance to the senior management and project team members. Additionally in this position you will:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective execution of project tasks.
- Assist project team members, Subject Matter Experts, and Sponsor with the definition of project scope and objectives by involving relevant stakeholders, identifying requirements, and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Work with impacted areas of the program to secure adequate resources, materials, and funding.
- Develop detailed project schedule with some assistance from Program Manager and/or Scheduler.
- Perform continued maintenance, updating and tracking of project schedule activities and progress reporting.
- Identify and manage dependencies between departments, systems, vendors, and assets.
- Coordinate Assessment of changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Manage project changes through established Governance Change Control process to ensure appropriate approvals.
- Identify and document project issues and risks and monitor progress of mitigation actions.
- Successfully establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external resources and key project stakeholders involved in project tasks and key critical path deliverables.
- Monitor delivery timeline and escalate related issues through the appropriate escalation process.
- Develop and maintain required project management artifacts in accordance with standards and applicable regulations.
- Identify efficiencies and recommend process improvements to reduce costs and add value.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of project management experience, or any equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years in a Telecommunications Project Management role.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, focus, and patience managing multiple competing priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage a high volume of tasks and activities.
- Strong communication skills with focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
- Ability to communicate technical information and telecom acronyms in a comprehensive manner to nontechnical personnel.
- Requires proven experience effectively managing high demand customers or end users, ranging from individual contributors to C-Level executives.
- Ability to identify roadblocks and create solutions to drive projects forward.
- Experience with managing cross-functional teams and cross-organizational implementations with multiple dependencies.
- Ability to consolidate project performance data into various types of communication and reporting vehicles to address both management and project team level audiences.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Expert knowledge of project management principles and processes, including budget and resource control, cost/benefit analysis, risk management, scheduling, metrics development and utilization, and analysis, in order to provide authoritative guidance in these areas.
- Ability to assess the quality and potential for success of projects, prioritize and integrate various projects, and resolve complex project management issues.
- Must be available for occasional travel. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although about 10% out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
- Must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret
- Will be subject to a federal background investigation.
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com