Oracle Database Administrator
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
This is a hybrid onsite/remote opportunity where you will report to the WAPA location in Folsom, CA and have the flexibility to work from home based on business needs.
Our Customer’s Mission:
The Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) is a federal agency under the United States Department of Energy (DOE) that manages and operates high-voltage electric transmission systems across 15 western states. WAPA's mission is to market and deliver reliable, cost-based, renewable power and transmission services to its customers, while also promoting energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. WAPA also manages and markets power from 56 federal hydroelectric power plants, which generate clean and renewable energy for 40 million customers.
Epsilon provides comprehensive and high-quality IT support to WAPA in the areas of; Software maintenance and development, Network, Database, and Operations Support/Management, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Cyber-Security, Solution Architecture, and Project Management.
An average day:
As an Oracle Database Administrator, you will ensure optimal performance, security, and integrity of our Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases. Your responsibilities will encompass troubleshooting, technical support coordination, and proactive management of database environments. You will be a key player in maintaining security standards, disaster preparedness plans, and collaborating with cross-functional teams for seamless database operations. Databases are located throughout the customer locations and may be supported locally or remotely. In this position you will:
- Troubleshoot and coordinate technical support for Oracle and Microsoft databases.
- Install and configure security patches for Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Support new versions of Oracle and Microsoft SQL for existing and new databases.
- Maintain and monitor Oracle Enterprise Manager tools for software and hardware management.
- Manage support request and patch documentation logs.
- Daily monitoring and tuning of database performance.
- Review nightly copies, exports, and backups of databases.
- Collaborate with business analysts and other teams for various organizational processes.
- Ensure compliance with security benchmarks and disaster preparedness plans.
- Coordinate with cybersecurity specialists for monitoring and applying security patches.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Experience and administration skills with Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases and management tools.
- Knowledge of backup and recovery methods involving third-party software (Veritas), and experience implementing backup and recovery methods.
- Knowledge in data security and understanding of relational database security including role-based security. Knowledge of data guard.
- Knowledge and experience working with physical disk storage and understanding of disk hardware architecture, RAID implementation, cache controllers, and disk load balancing.
- Experience with database design and knowledge of database normalization, schema design, and data modeling techniques.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL enterprise management tools.
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud infrastructure.
- Must be able to pass federal background investigation and obtain a Public Trust
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com