Network Systems Architect
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
You will be working onsite in Manassas, VA.
An average day:
As a Network Systems Architect, you will lead and oversee the life cycle for planning, building, testing, implementation, and maintenance of classified infrastructure(s). Acting as the subject matter expert for all infrastructure and services, the architect will develop strategic IT solutions to meet the customers’ current and evolving requirements. The Architect will also collaborate with cross-functional teams, including members of the Systems, Network, COMSEC, and Telephony engineering teams, management and Senior Leadership throughout the design, building, implementation, and maintenance of the new infrastructure. Additionally, in this position you will:
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network and systems solutions and their framework.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Recommend technological upgrades, and reconfigurations to reduce operating costs, improve performance, or accommodate evolving requirements.
- Analyze current and projected user requirements, evaluate emerging technologies, and provide capacity planning recommendations and conclusions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and Epsilon leadership to provide a forward-looking five-year IT Roadmap incorporating a Network Life Cycle Baseline Support Plan that defines projected network modernization requirements, operations costs and equipment, software and services life-cycle replacement costs, and Workflows and Process Improvement Initiatives.
- Provide technical/engineering assessments of competing solutions and emerging technologies.
- Maintain current network architecture and configuration documentation that will include, but is not limited to; architectural design diagrams, engineering designs, engineering plans, COMSEC plans, component/software lists, data flow diagrams, SOPs for each classified network and major service.
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals.
- Conduct Integration activities utilizing the latest technologies and prescribing to all applicable policies and procedures.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
- Manage technology vendors and assess their development/test strategies.
- Monitor the health and life cycle of the infrastructure and services, ensure proper maintenance has been performed and conduct End of Life (EOL) planning.
- Routinely evaluate performance and service usability to ensure each is operating at optimal efficiency.
- Assist in the creation of test procedures, checklists, or other system health related tools.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Perform network and systems troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network or systems problems.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years of Technical Architecture (Network Systems Preferred) experience, or any equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must hold, or obtain within 3 months of onboarding, an active IAT Level III Certification for DoD 8570.01 compliance.
- Must have background in the following operating systems and Networking technologies:
- OSI Model
- Experience in following Networking technologies:
- LAN, WAN, MAN, WLAN, WWAN
- Excellent communication, Problem-solving, organizational and leadership skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and cross-organizational implementations with multiple dependencies.
- Ability to consolidate project performance data into various types of communication and reporting vehicles to address both management and project team level audiences.
- Must have an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility.
- Will be subject to a federal background investigation.
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.