Network Support Technician
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
You will be working onsite at one of the Internal Revenue Service’s Austin, TX locations.
Our Customer’s Mission:
Epsilon is partnered with the IRS to assist them with their increased technical support needs as they a undergo a nationwide hiring surge. Epsilon’s team members work in tandem with the local IRS technical personnel to provide deskside and network support services to new and current IRS employees.
An average day:
As a member of the Network Support Technician team, you will provide on-site network support, answer calls, create, and troubleshoot tickets for Local and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) incidents, manage existing operational equipment, install and configure new switches, routers and IP desk phones, and provide Voice over IP (VoIP) support. Every day is different, but what you can expect is the opportunity to experience a mixture of technical issues and customer interactions.
In this position you will:
- Provide support for resolving customer problems with network equipment, including routers, switches, VoIP desk phones and other peripheral equipment.
- Provide support for break/fix and routine replacement of equipment, maintain electronic inventory, surplus inventory, and ensure replacement equipment performs as required.
- Coordinate with other IT organizations or vendors to resolve Network incidents.
- Maintain local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) components.
- Utilize Cisco Call Management Software to handle voice mail issues.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or have official legal status in the United States. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Must have, no less than, 2-3 years recent (within the last 4 years) experience as a Network Support Technician or similar position.
- Must have hands-on experience with the following: Cisco Routers and Switches, Network configuration, testing, and troubleshooting, Cisco Call Manager, VoIP devices (Install, Configure, Maintain), TCP/IP protocols, DNS, Firewalls and Access Control Lists (ACL), Network Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
- Experience working in LAN/WAN network environments.
- The patience and empathy to troubleshoot problems with non-technical end users.
- The diligence to follow up, attend scheduled calls, and document work performed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to remain calm and professional under stress.
- Current or previous Public Trust with the IRS
- Experience in an enterprise network environment
- Experience running network cables
- Will be subject to a Federal Government Background Investigation
- May require occasional local or overnight Travel based on business needs
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org