Network Engineer Senior
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
This is a hybrid onsite/remote opportunity where you will report to the State Department location in Washington, DC and have the flexibility to work from home based on business needs.
Our Customer’s Mission:
The Department of State’s (DOS) Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division is responsible for the design, implementation, operation and maintenance (O&M), and support of the DOS Enterprise Telecommunications networks for voice and data services nationwide. Epsilon’s team works alongside other contractors and government personnel to ensure effective operation, maintenance, and upgrade of the department’s domestic voice and data networks.
An average day:
As a Network Engineer Senior, you will provide full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment for all levels of security classification. You will perform on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. You will provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems. Additionally, in this position you will:
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN and MAN Infrastructure
- Work with team members to deploy Cisco network equipment for LAN/WAN solutions.
- Plan network layouts and configure systems to user environments.
- Provide technical assessment of requirements and definition from conception to launch.
- Create manuals and support documentation.
- Service provisioning, installation, maintenance, and management of the intra-facility LAN/VLAN wiring, equipment, and software itself within and between the facilities.
- Analyze voice, video, radiofrequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Conduct Site Survey and Plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis.
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Perform network administration duties.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects & O&M as required.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- 7-10 years of Network Engineering experience
- Wide Area Networks experience
- Large-Scale Network Exp. with MPLS and BGP
- Experience with building out network, Design/Documentation
- Routing/Switching on a Large-Scale Network
- Deep understanding of network management, security standards, and industry best practices.
- Fundamental knowledge of security protocols
- Working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Experience deploying Quality of Service (QoS) in LAN/WLAN environments in support of multimedia and voice applications.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across multiple teams.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Must have very good Visio documentation skills.
- Experience working within a team environment, possess exceptionally high customer service skills, and have a commitment to excellent customer support.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) are highly desired.
- Some after-hours On-call support and travel maybe required.
- Must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret
- Will be subject to a federal background investigation.
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com