Lead Technical Engineer
Security Clearance Required: Active Interim Secret or Secret
US Citizenship Required
Locations: Quantico, VA
Position Summary: The Lead Technical Engineer provides hands on support, training and mentoring of team members, as well as oversight and guidance for engineering of systems, networks, and data centers at MCU, Quantico, VA. The Lead will also act as an on-site representative of Epsilon interfacing directly and daily with key stakeholders at MCU.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
- Serves as Team Lead and provides training/mentoring to team members across the MCU program.
- Acts as an advisor to the Director and CIO to establish and implement IT Policies and procedures, including those for Architecture, Security, System, and Network Engineering.
- Assists the Branch Leads and CIO with implementing best practices that will more effectively utilize Department resources.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent network activities
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the network infrastructure, systems, and servers.
- Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex network and security architecture design to enhance performance and availability.
- Work with peers to analyze network performance issues and identify potential solutions.
- Work with the NetOps team on deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all network systems and servers, including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, and VPN.
- Ensure that documentation of all network systems including network diagrams are created and maintained.
- Sets up and configures Windows and Linux Servers
- Investigates user problems to identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Complies with and enforces standard company policies and procedures
- Coordinate with the IA Task Lead to incorporate required IA controls into infrastructure and data center design.
- Installation of new hardware and software that is procured as a result of the design process.
- Assist network and data center operations personnel in implementing changes to the network and data center infrastructure, including familiarization with new technology introduced in the infrastructure.
- Analyze current network configuration in order to identify weaknesses and recommended corrections.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C) , Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Must be certified in compliance with DOD 8570.01 IAT Level III (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, or CCSP) or Higher.
- Must have current Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate (Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate) certification.
- At least four (4) years of practical analysis experience in network design, administration, operations, procedures, and troubleshooting
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant technical experience in network engineering activities such as the configuration and problem isolation of local and wide area networks.
- Must have at least 2 years demonstrated leadership or managerial experience overseeing technical teams of ideally 10 or more individuals
- Experience working with vSphere/vCenter and VDI
- Working knowledge of Cisco DNA software designed networking helpful
- Strong Windows and Linux System Administration experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Resolving issues with Domain Name System (DNS) Servers and Domain Controllers (DCs).
- Experience with networks that utilize Windows Servers.
- Demonstrated leadership, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with interfacing with peers and officials in the DoD
- Strong team player; self-assured, confident and goal-oriented.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and delegate effectively.
- Ability to solve problems and translate policies into daily routine operations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Physical and Mental Job Requirements:
Listed below are the physical or mental requirements necessary in the job's performance. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Prolonged periods of computer desk work.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, and other computer components.
- Speaking and hearing sufficient to converse and understand conversations, both in-person, and during telephone and virtual meetings.
- The cognitive skills needed to complete tasks, including abilities such as learning, remembering, focusing, categorizing, and integrating information for decision making, problem-solving, and comprehending.
- Ability to learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, and the ability to communicate with managers and co-workers.
- Mental aptitude to respond appropriately in high pressure situations or deadline driven environments.
- Maintain a professional emotional response when working with others.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Voluntary Long-Term Disability
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org