Java Application Developer Senior and Software Development Team Lead
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
This is a hybrid onsite/remote opportunity where you will report to the WAPA location in Loveland, CO and have the flexibility to work from home based on business needs.
Our Customer’s Mission:
The Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) is a federal agency under the United States Department of Energy (DOE) that manages and operates high-voltage electric transmission systems across 15 western states. WAPA's mission is to market and deliver reliable, cost-based, renewable power and transmission services to its customers, while also promoting energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. WAPA also manages and markets power from 56 federal hydroelectric power plants, which generate clean and renewable energy for 40 million customers.
Epsilon provides comprehensive and high-quality IT support to WAPA in the areas of; Software maintenance and development, Network, Database, and Operations Support/Management, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Cyber-Security, Solution Architecture, and Project Management.
An average day:
As the Java Application Developer Senior and Software Development Team Lead, this multifaceted position will lead a dynamic team while spearheading the design, development, and maintenance of TIBCO integrations to facilitate seamless communication between diverse enterprise systems. Utilizing your expertise in Java programming, you will enhance and extend TIBCO integration capabilities, ensuring optimal performance and efficiency. In this position you will:
- Lead a software development team, providing guidance and mentorship to foster collaboration and innovation.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain TIBCO integrations, utilizing Java programming for enhanced functionality.
- Apply software releases to production within scheduled timelines, adhering to documented procedures.
- Provide ongoing IT support services for COTS and custom-developed applications, report writing software, and TIBCO integrations.
- Support the installation, upgrade, and removal of COTS and custom-developed software.
- Collaborate with IT, functional staff, and Federal managers on requirements definition, design, and integration strategies.
- Develop solutions with a COTS first approach, leveraging standard functionality unless proven business value gained by customizing.
- Ensure adherence to software and hardware configuration management procedures.
- Communicate project plans and statuses as requested by project managers.
- Assist end-users with business requirements, create information architecture, taxonomy, and solution approaches, and provide expert advice on enterprise service bus technologies.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with proven leadership skills.
- Extensive Java development experience, particularly in TIBCO integrations.
- In-depth knowledge of business analysis, user requirements documentation, and data modeling.
- Proficiency in coding, testing, and debugging for both COTS and custom applications.
- Strong familiarity with SDLC, Agile, Java technologies, and web applications development.
- Expertise in TIBCO, Oracle technologies, API-based integration, JMS, SOAP, REST, and CI/CD pipelines, with a desire to work independently and lead integration solutions.
- Must be able to pass federal background investigation and obtain a Public Trust
The application window is anticipated to close 30 days from the original posting date. However, the application window may be extended or closed prior to 30 days based on identifying the most qualified applicants.
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org