Help Desk | AV/VTC Technician
Security Clearance Required: Active DoD Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Quantico, VA
Position Summary: The Help Desk | AV/VTC Technician provides Tier I - Tier II Information Technology (IT) and Audio Visual/ Video Teleconference (AV/VTC) support to US Marine Corps University personnel, students and faculty via phone, computer, or in person visits.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
Help Desk Responsibilities:
- Manage creation and deactivation of user accounts, mail, and user profiles and provide support for any issues with the user accounts.
- Provide user help desk support and desk-side support in person, by telephone, by e-mail or user entry into a help desk system. Resolution of problems may require visits to user office spaces within MCU facilities.
- The technician will track all issues with the established tracking system to log all help desk requests, generate trouble tickets, record resolution actions and time, and provide status to the Government within the monthly status report (MSR).
- Learning Management System (LMS) Support to include
- Establish student and instructor accounts within the LMS.
- Provide Tier II technical assistance for IET Help desk with regard to all LMS related trouble calls.
- Issue trouble tickets to the LMS provider for any issues that need to be handled or corrected outside of existing local capability.
- Coordinate downtime for any bug fixes or upgrades that need to be run by LMS provider technical support on the MCU LMS instance.
- Generation of the Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly status reports that summarize help desk duties, including metrics of submission, completion, and timeliness of help desk tickets.
- May assist with MCU content management responsibilities as needed
- Provides installation, configuration, maintenance, sustainment, operational support, monitoring, and administration of audiovisual and Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment and events in both classroom and auditorium settings for the Marine Corps University.
- Operate complex audiovisual systems in MCU auditoriums in support of MCU events. Configure and troubleshoot problems with basic audiovisual and associated computer equipment in classrooms.
- Facilitate and monitor all A/V Booth controls and operations (Lighting, Sound, Music, Microphones, Projectors, PC/Laptop, DVD players, Stage Set-Up, Etc.) in the facility's main auditorium.
- Facilitate and monitor unclassified/classified PowerPoint briefs for command staff training, conferences, high profile guest speakers, ceremonies, graduations, etc.
- Conduct arrangements for VTC sessions involving MCU VTC assets. Configure VTC equipment for proper operation and troubleshoot problems that occur before or during VTC sessions.
- Prepare discussion panel sessions for VTC conference calls.
- Provide real-time on-site monitoring and trouble-shooting of in progress video conference sessions.
- Assist users with scheduling and coordinating new and existing video conference requirements.
- Setup, initiate, and conduct operational checks for briefings and video conferences within USMC facilities.
- Responding to customer trouble calls and tracking tickets in the IT/AV tracking software.
- Coding, configuring, management, and installation of AV systems, installing AV related equipment to include, but not limited to, AV switching devices, VTC, camera, audio and video.
- Provide tier 3 support for auditorium production equipment such as lighting, camera, mics and recording events.
- Operate complex smart board/MondoPad systems in MCU auditoriums and classrooms in support of MCU events. Configure and troubleshoot problems with smart board equipment, to include imaging and connections to the MCU network.
- Monitor and display proper maintenance on all A/V equipment for repairs including renewing fully charged batteries.
- Monitor all software updates for InFocus Mondopad's and Microsoft Office for each device in all classrooms and conference rooms in the facility.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C) , Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- 1+ year of demonstrated help desk experience is required; AV/VTC experience is desired
- DoD Secret Clearance, willing to speak with folks who have an Interim Secret.
- Dod 8570 IAT Level II compliance is required at hire (Such as CompTIA Security+ CE, with enrollment in the Continuing Education (CE) program).
- Experience with administration of either Google Apps for Government (GAFG) or BlackBoard desired; with regards to account creation/deactivation and Tier I support.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Possible use of Remedy software (location dependent)
- Possess knowledge and experience in the operation of digital audiovisual systems like Haivision, V-Brick, AMX, and Cisco.
- Possess knowledge and experience in configuring VTC systems and establishing and maintaining connectivity with other VTC sites.
- Must be able to provide audio visual system operational coverage of MCU events outside of normal working hours and the capacity to surge support in times of event saturation.
- Demonstrated leadership, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player; self-assured, confident, and goal-oriented.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and delegate effectively.
- Ability to solve problems and translate policies into daily routine operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Technology industry.
Physical and Mental Job Requirements:
Listed below are the physical or mental requirements necessary in the job's performance. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Prolonged periods of computer desk work.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, and other computer components.
- Speaking and hearing sufficient to converse and understand conversations, both in-person, telephone and virtual meetings.
- The cognitive skills needed to complete tasks, including abilities such as learning, remembering, focusing, categorizing, and integrating information for decision making, problem-solving, and comprehending.
- Ability to learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, and the ability to communicate with managers and co-workers.
- Mental aptitude to respond appropriately in high pressure situations or deadline driven environments.
- Maintain a professional emotional response when working with others.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email careers @epsilon-inc.com