Desktop Support Specialist
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
You will be working onsite at WAPA’s Bismarck, ND location.
Our Customer’s Mission:
The Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) is a federal agency under the United States Department of Energy (DOE) that manages and operates high-voltage electric transmission systems across 15 western states. WAPA's mission is to market and deliver reliable, cost-based, renewable power and transmission services to its customers, while also promoting energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. WAPA also manages and markets power from 56 federal hydroelectric power plants, which generate clean and renewable energy for 40 million customers.
Epsilon provides comprehensive and high-quality IT support to WAPA in the areas of; Software maintenance and development, Network, Database, and Operations Support/Management, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Cyber-Security, Solution Architecture, and Project Management.
An average day:
As a Desktop Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing proactive support for desktop/laptop PCs, ensuring compliance with licensing and regulatory requirements. Offer technical assistance to users, resolve IT support tickets, perform software and hardware installations, and provide video conferencing support. You will also provide mobile device management, analyze hardware/software requirements, maintain asset records, configure printers, and support audio/video conferencing hardware. In this position you will:
- Assist the IT Call Center with escalated technical issues.
- Install and maintain software and hardware following established standards and procedures.
- Support video conferencing for end users including troubleshooting and maintaining equipment.
- Coordinate with Mobile Device Manger for mobile device deployments, upgrades, and replacements.
- Perform software installations and troubleshooting.
- Maintain accurate records of hardware inventories.
- Support Cyber Security Specialists in scanning and vulnerability management.
- Conduct market research for hardware, software, and printer acquisitions.
- Install and configure stand-alone and network printers.
- Perform site visits for lifecycle management and desktop hardware upgrades.
- Ensure timely resolution of tier 1 and tier 2 requests.
- Assist with the setup and delivery of new desktops and laptops.
- Ensure proper disposal of surplus IT software and hardware according to policy.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Must possess strong IT troubleshooting skills, knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office 365 and Microsoft Teams, familiarity with Active Directory and SCCM, and the ability to analyze and resolve technical problems.
- Proficiency in current and future Microsoft Office and Windows versions.
- Knowledge of Exchange, Azure, LDAP, and audio/video conferencing systems.
- Strong troubleshooting and remote user support skills.
- Experience in problem analysis and solution identification.
- We are looking for a candidate who is eager to learn and grow in their career as a Desktop Support Specialist.
- Must be able to pass federal background investigation and obtain a Public Trust
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.