Desktop Support Lead
Who is Epsilon:
Epsilon is an IT Services company that was founded in 2009 and has become an established leader in providing Information Technology services to both Federal Government and Commercial businesses across the United States. Epsilon is known for its solution-focused and innovative approach, aligning technology systems, tools, and processes with the missions and objectives of its customers.
Epsilon’s headquarters are in Weaverville, NC with other corporate offices in Greenville, SC, Crystal City, VA, and Denver, CO. We have employees in 30+ States across the U.S.
Why work for Epsilon:
In joining Epsilon’s team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to Epsilon’s business and customer initiatives, as well as influence our brand culture through people interaction and technology advancements.
Epsilon invests in our employees by promoting from within and enabling employees to elevate their knowledge and skill set in their profession by allocating $3,000 annually in Professional Development funds. We also offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits through one of the largest national carriers, Paid Time Off (PTO) that increases with tenure and has a generous rollover, 11 company paid Holidays, and 401(k) with immediate contribution.
Where you’ll work:
You will be working onsite at WAPA’s Phoenix, AZ location.
Our Customer’s Mission:
The Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) is a federal agency under the United States Department of Energy (DOE) that manages and operates high-voltage electric transmission systems across 15 western states. WAPA's mission is to market and deliver reliable, cost-based, renewable power and transmission services to its customers, while also promoting energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. WAPA also manages and markets power from 56 federal hydroelectric power plants, which generate clean and renewable energy for 40 million customers.
Epsilon provides comprehensive and high-quality IT support to WAPA in the areas of; Software maintenance and development, Network, Database, and Operations Support/Management, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Cyber-Security, Solution Architecture, and Project Management.
An average day:
As a Desktop Support Lead, you will be responsible for troubleshooting department computer systems, installing software packages and system upgrades, providing in-house training to desktop personnel on systems and software use, and performing related work as required. You will also deploy resources for incident resolution, ensure compliance, and coordinate with tier 1 and tier 3. Additionally, in this position you will:
- Lead and oversee team of Desktop Support Specialists, providing training and development.
- Deploy and assign resources for prompt tier 2 incident resolution, acting as an escalation point from IT Call Center.
- Provide comprehensive desktop support for various devices, ensuring compliance and reliability.
- Manage PC and mobile device lifecycle programs ensuring standards, best practices and contractual KPIs are met.
- Ensure that all IT support tickets follow documentation guidelines and best practices.
- Ensure system security, patch levels, and support Cyber Security Specialists.
- Conduct market research for hardware/software acquisitions based on business requirements.
- Maintain asset records of all hardware, oversee quarterly inventories, and assist with compiling hardware orders.
- Provide in-room support for senior manager / high profile meetings to minimize impact of any technical difficulties.
- Manage regional site visits and hardware deployments at those sites.
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Leadership experience in IT customer service and desktop support, 5 years minimum preferred.
- Knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Intune, SCCM, LDAP and Microsoft Teams Rooms.
- Knowledge of IT ticketing systems, preferably ServiceNow.
- Experience in ITILv4, ITILv4 Foundations Certificate preferred.
- Proficient in market research for IT acquisitions, highly organized and meticulous when it comes to device inventory records, and committed to optimizing team performance for a high functioning and efficient Desktop Support department.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and remote user support.
- Excellent organization and recording keeping skills.
- Experience in analyzing problems, gathering information, and recognizing solutions.
- Must be able to pass federal background investigation and obtain a Public Trust
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org