Cohesity Storage Engineer
Required Clearance: Must be able to pass a federal background Investigation and obtain a Public Trust
Location: Kansas City, MO
Remote Flexibility: 100% Remote
- Provide day-to-day engineering level support of Cohesity v6.* to include but not limited to:
- Cohesity administration
- Design, build, test, deploy, configure, integrate (specifically via API) and upgrade the Cohesity platform and clusters (via API for both on-premise and commercial cloud environments)
- Agentless VM backups (VMWare, Nutanix)
- Automated backups and restores of physical and virtual files and databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL, DB2)
- Creating and managing protection jobs, file service views, and policies
- Related troubleshooting for all
- Design and solve complex problems with automation first techniques utilizing client provided automation tools, particularly with BASH or Python scripting and Ansible Automation Platform or Ansible Tower.
- Maintain and contribute to enterprise source code and configuration (git) repositories.
- Automate and improve the automation of Cohesity backup functions.
- Responsible for patching and vulnerability management of Cohesity and related technologies.
- Utilize system tools to monitor performance, capacity, availability and perform storage system tuning.
- Provide 24x7/365 remote support services and on-premises facility response as needed.
- Identifies/documents potential risks and develops risk-mitigation options to proactively address availability.
- Document and perform changes and resolve incidents and problems using clients Configuration Management Tools and Systems.
- Participates in Post-Incident Reviews to document lessons learned to create/update automation/tooling.
- Analyzes system logs and identifies, remediates and documents issues.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current and changing industry/vendor best-practices for respectively assigned functional areas.
- Schedule, perform and maintain backups as necessary (including restoration) to facilitate data integrity, data storage and backup/recovery procedures, as required.
- The contractor must demonstrate an understanding of business impacts of issues and how they relate to IT business customers.
- Provide knowledge transfer documentation to the client as required.
- Installation and ongoing maintenance of:
- Cohesity v6.* and Helios reporting
- Integration between Cohesity and supporting platforms such as VMware, Kubernetes, Ansible, etc.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be either a U.S. Citizen or have official legal status in the United States. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C), Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- 4+ years demonstrated experience supporting Cohesity with no more than a 12 month break in support
- Ability to script in Bash or Python.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in the English language. All contractor employees must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Contractor personnel performing in a leadership capacity shall be capable of directing contractor personnel and interfacing with the Government and customers.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate applicable technical subject matter expertise to management and others.
- DISC follows the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service operation best practices. It is important for the employees to demonstrate experience based on ITIL framework:
- ITIL v4 foundation knowledge (or certification).
- Ability to apply and provide feedback on service operation model and practices.
- Cloud Insights experience
- Working knowledge of commercial cloud storage solutions like S3 and Blob (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Physical and Mental Job Requirements:
Listed below are the physical or mental requirements necessary in the job's performance. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Prolonged periods of computer desk work.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, and other computer components.
- Speaking and hearing sufficient to converse and understand conversations, both in-person, telephone and virtual meetings.
- The cognitive skills needed to complete tasks, including abilities such as learning, remembering, focusing, categorizing, and integrating information for decision making, problem-solving, and comprehending.
- Ability to learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, and the ability to communicate with managers and co-workers.
- Mental aptitude to respond appropriately in high pressure situations or deadline driven environments.
- Maintain a professional emotional response when working with others.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here
to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com