Advanced Windows Instructor |CNO
Security Clearance required: TS/SCI CI Poly
US Citizenship Required
Location: Pensacola, FL
Remote Flexibility: 100% Onsite
Position Summary: Epsilon, Inc. has immediate openings for professional Advanced Windows Instructors to support the Joint Cyber Analysis Course (JCAC) in Pensacola, FL. The Advanced Windows Instructor will be responsible for developing, planning and performing Advanced Windows instruction in a classroom and hands-on environment. The primary emphasis of this position is to develop skilled military professionals within the highly competitive CNO field.
- Deliver highly technical training in a military training environment, consisting of lectures, labs, exercises and other delivery methods
- Provide classroom instruction that teaches assigned students in the manner described in the course Program of Instruction.
- Conduct practical exercises in a laboratory environment, conduct student study hall periods and provide tutoring/remedial instruction for up to twenty students per class.
- Assess student knowledge, skills and abilities to gauge student proficiency in topic area.
- Deliver instruction via interactive synchronous and asynchronous learning activities.
- Research new training techniques to enhance existing training programs
- Develop, plan, and implement training programs, as well as review and analyze current training materials and recommend changes. Training materials include lecture content, student/instructor guides, exams, exercises, simulations, etc.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- As a requirement of this position, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. In accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C) , Epsilon will not consider candidates for this position who do not meet the aforementioned conditions.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus two (2) years of experience in Cyberspace Operations (CO). Experience in CO is defined as experience in Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO), and/or Offensive Cyberspace Operations (OCO).
- In lieu of degree, four (4) years of experience in Cyberspace Operations (CO).
- At least 4 years' recent hands on, technical experience as a Network Engineer/Network Security Engineer/Analyst preferably in a Cyberspace Operations (CO) Environment
- Has strong inter-personal and communication skills: capable of training users in complex topics, making presentations to internal groups. Able to write intricate system and user documentation.
- Must possess the ability to incorporate/impart technical knowledge into their training delivery
- Independent problem solving; self-directed, self-starting.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work in a team environment and the ability to work independently while prioritizing and supporting multiple tasks.
- Applicant should have advanced-level knowledge/experience in the following areas:
- Workgroup vs. Domain environments:
- SAM vs. Active Directory
- Local policy vs. Group Policy
- Authentication Packages (NTLM and Kerberos)
- Compare and contrast a Process to a Service
- Active Directory Integrated Zones
- Common Resource Records
- Zone Analysis
- Windows API:
- Subsystem Components
- Native API
- Windows Architecture:
- User mode and Kernel mode components
- Virtual Memory
- Scheduling and Dispatch
- Windows Registry:
- Keys and values
- Root keys
- Active Directory (PowerShell a plus):
- Group policy
- Account Management
- File Systems:
- Process Management:
- Memory Requirements
- Access Token
- Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs)
- Windows Services:
- Service Control Manager
- Additional experience, educational, or certification recommendations beyond those listed above:
- 3-5 years of experience with Windows 2000, XP, 7, 8, 10, and Server 2003/2008/2012
- In-depth understanding and experience with file system analysis (NTFS and FAT (exFAT a plus)), Virtual Memory, Boot Process (GPT and MBR), UEFI, Kernel architecture, Process resources and management, Windows subsystem (API)
- Prior military experience is desired
- Experience in adult learning with emphasis on providing CNO instruction to large classes. OR U.S. Military instructor experience is highly desirable (e.g., Master Training Specialist designators or formalized Basic Instructor Indoctrination courses).
Physical and Mental Job Requirements:
Listed below are the physical or mental requirements necessary in the job's performance. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Prolonged periods of computer desk work.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, and other computer components.
- Speaking and hearing sufficient to converse and understand conversations, both in-person, telephone and virtual meetings.
- The cognitive skills needed to complete tasks, including abilities such as learning, remembering, focusing, categorizing, and integrating information for decision making, problem-solving, and comprehending.
- Ability to learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, and the ability to communicate with managers and co-workers.
- Mental aptitude to respond appropriately in high pressure situations or deadline driven environments.
- Maintain a professional emotional response when working with others.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org .